2019 Chili Cook-Off Rules
August 31, 2019
1. Chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers and various other spices. Other ingredients, such as beans or corn are also permitted. Vegetarian chili may be entered as well.
2. All entries must be submitted by 6:30 PM. There is no entry fee. Contestants may submit more than one entry. Contestants must submit a minimum of 2 quarts of chili.
3. All ingredients must be pre-cooked and treated prior to the event - chili is to be brought ready to eat.
4. Trays and sternos will be available for each entry to maintain proper serving temperature. Entrants may also bring a crock pot or other electric heating devices to keep chili warm. Spoons and cups for use in serving to the general public will be provided. Condiments will not be provided. A limited number of electrical outlets will be available, to request an outlet, please email email@example.com.
5. Each contestant will be assigned a "contestant number" by the score keeper and be given a container in which their chili will be collected for official judging.
6. The decision of the judges is final. Judging will be based on score cards which are numbered. 80% of the final tally will be from judges score cards. 20% will be from scorecards from "people's choice."